Release Notes - Papers 3 for Windows 3.0.24
- Automatic PDF download: Papers will try to fetch the PDF
automatically when a search result is imported into the
- Papers Bookmarklet: article webpages are opened in the Reader
ready for import to the library, complete with metadata and a PDF,
if available for the article.
- Papers Online: publications from the Reading List and any
Shared Collections can now be imported into the library via
- Smart Collections: library keywords can now be used as
conditions on Smart Collections (either on their own, or in
combination with other filter conditions).
Performance & Stability
- Users running non-English versions of Windows are now able to
update their copy of Papers 3 for Windows - this update removes an
error dialog stating "An error occurred while applying security
settings..." during installation.
- The "Imported" metadata field is now set correctly when
importing papers to the library.
- The unread status icon in the library List and Columns views,
and the "Mark as Unread" & "Mark as Read" context menu options
now appear under all conditions.
- Improvements to duplicate paper detection when importing items
to the library.
- Papers 3 for Windows must be already be running for the new
bookmarklet to open the paper in the Reader ready for import.