Release Notes for Papers2 - version 2.1.14
Overview of the Changes
Papers 2.1.14 brings a Pubget search engine, as well as a number of fixes and improvements to syncing, Magic Manuscripts, author editing, and more. This update all also brings support for the brand new pre-release of Papers for Windows. If you regularly switch between a Mac and PC make sure you give Papers for Windows a go, your serial number will work with both the Mac and Windows version. Read more about Papers for Windows on our website and download the pre-release version today.
- Added support for switching between mac and windows pre-release libraries
- Added ability to search for open access papers in the search field (open:yes)
- Added pubget plugin
- Added support for generating emails with PDF attachments with Postbox3
- Added support for PubmedBookArticle type entries in Pubmed searches
- Added stripping of illegal characters from Scopus ID
- Magic Manuscripts: Added support for insertion of formatted references in iBooks Author.
Other bug fixes and improvements
- New from scanner should now work properly with network scanners
- Fixed an issue where illegal unicode characters could cause issues renaming files
- Fixed an issue where during matching selecting text could override proper metadata
- Fixed a number of issues with the database verification routines
- Fixed an issue where pasting a series of authors copied from the PDF would not result in the author string being parsed in individual authors, also improved parsing
- Fixed an issue where prefixing the author name with an asterisk to mark it as institutional would not remove the asterisk
- Fixed an issue where the hide/show inspector menu item would not display or work correctly in a tab
- Changed the way permission settings are derived for newly created folders, resolving PDF download and update issues for some users
- Syncing: when there's a time setting mismatch between the Mac and an iOS device, the warning dialog now suggests to check the time zone on both devices.
Papers for iOS
We advise to upgrade to Papers for iOS 1.9.10, this free update is available in the iTunes App Store.
Have a look at our roadmap to see what's up next:
- Read your PDFs in the full screen reader mode - Papers 3 for Mac
- Annotate and take notes in the Reader screen on Papers 3 for Mac
- Managing multiple publications in the Reader view - Papers 3 for Mac
- Highlighting and taking notes in Papers for iOS
- How to change the PDF display viewing mode between single and discontinuous modes.
- View all (5 more)