Release Notes for Papers2 - version 2.1.12
Overview of the Changes
This update fixes a number of reported memory issues, search engines crashes, as well as sync issues with Papers for iOS.
- Upon PDF import Papers now extracts the title from the PDF content
- Updated CSL styles and locales, consistent with recent contents in the CSL online repository (now ~1700 styles in Papers2)
- Fixed issues affecting the "Mac to mobile device" syncing mode, whereby the association with the PDF would be lost on subsequent syncs, and the library cleanup stage would take a considerable amount of time.
- Fixed a user library specific crash involving storing of publications for the iOS device.
- Clarified the "Date and time differ between your Mac and your iOS device" error popup with better instructions to follow to avoid confusion.
- Improved parsing of Pubmed queries, for example in the case of title searches
- Improved behavior of smart collections with multiple author rules
- Added support for importing PDFs from Sente generated bibtex files
- Added detection in database verification routine of missing author connections
- Added tidying of Endnote XML files to deal with malformed XML files from Endnote X4 and Sente
- Added a warning to users running older 10.6 versions than 10.6.8
- Added more safe check in Amazon, Espacenet, DBLP and arXiv plugin to prevent crashes with certain queries
- Added a preference setting for the automatic continue with matching when only a single hit is found
- After requesting a student discount coupon a thank you page is shown
- Improved behavior of the open location sheet
- Magic Manuscripts:
- more styles and improvements to existing styles, in sync with, and thanks to, the latest versions in the CSL repository (https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles)
- support for the attribute
delimiter-precedes-et-al(supported also in the upcoming CSL 1.0.1
- adds basic support for TeXnicle 2 and TextMate 2 alpha
- support for Papers2 specific variable
Other bug fixes
- Fixed the Google Scholar search plugin after changes on the Google webpage
- Fixed an issue where column order and layout would repeatedly reset
- Fixed an issue where switching between coverflow and pdf preview on Snow Leopard would crahs the application
- Fixed a memory leak where tabs would be kept around after closing
- Fixed a memory leak where inspector content would be kept around
- Fixed an issue where clicking the cancel download button would not do anything
- Fixed an issue with publication year not being recognized in scifinder ris files
- Fixed a spelling mistake in personal communication record
- Fixed an issue where merging the me author would not preserve this status
- Fixed an issue where the author and conference map views could cause the program to spin out of control
- Fixed an issue where certain documents were not indexed by the spotlight indexer
- Fixed an issue where publications would be incorrectly tagged as duplicates
- Fixed a crash at startup issue introduced in Papers 2.1.8
- Fixed a crash that could happen when deleting annotations or selecting in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a crash related to parsing LaTeX special characters.
- Fixed a crash involving searching concurrently from multiple literature databases.
- Fixed several more rare multithreading related crashes.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after hiding the keyword selector
- Fixed a crash while parsing the contents of a website for DOIs and metadata
- Fixed a crash while parsing the PDF file for XMP metadata
- Fixed a crash that would manifest after canceling a download operation
- Fixed a crash that could occur after clicking the assistance button during matching
- Fixed a crash that could occur in the review inspector tab after reloading a publication object
- Fixed a crash that could occur after deleting a PDF note using the delete key
- Added extra safety checks while obtaining font and image resources from PDFs to prevent crashes
- Added extra thread safety measures to prevent crashes
- Added extra safeguards to the iOS syncing process
- Magic Manuscripts:
- fixed an issue where the Manuscripts feature would turn itself back on when Papers starts, even if previously switched off in the preferences
- fixed several issues with integration of Microsoft Word, when using plain-text cite keys (for instance pasted from Pages or from Papers menu Copy As > Magic Citation)
- fixed issue with APA style output, where punctuation at the end the title could go missing
- adds the 'Copy As > Magic Citation' item to contextual menus as well, instead of just the application menu
Papers for iOS
We advise to upgrade to Papers for iOS 1.9.10, this free update is available in the iTunes App Store.
Have a look at our roadmap to see what's up next:
- Read your PDFs in the full screen reader mode - Papers 3 for Mac
- Annotate and take notes in the Reader screen on Papers 3 for Mac
- Managing multiple publications in the Reader view - Papers 3 for Mac
- Highlighting and taking notes in Papers for iOS
- How to change the PDF display viewing mode between single and discontinuous modes.
- View all (5 more)