Release Notes for Papers 3 - Version 3.4.2 (423) beta
This is a pre-release beta version of Papers for Mac, intended for testing upcoming features and gathering feedback. Before updating to a pre-release version of Papers for Mac, please make a backup of your Papers Library. If you experience any issues, or have any feedback, please contact our support team.
You can choose whether or not to receive notifications regarding pre-release versions of Papers for Mac, via the menu: Papers ▸ Preferences ▸ General.
- You can now share papers via more services, as we now use Mac OS' built-in sharing services for sharing.
- You no longer need to add your Twitter or Facebook credentials to Papers to share. Just sign in via System Preferences ▸ Accounts.
- New ways of sharing your papers: Link, Papers Link, PDF, PDF with Annotations and Papers Archive.
- Adds an option to disable text and line art smoothing in PDFs to General Preferences. This may improve image quality on non-retina displays.
- A publication's citekey can now be set via scripting.
- Adds new scripting properties:
formatted file name
full path on virtual disk
- Papers will no longer warn you multiple times if your library is placed into a shared folder.
- Papers will now warn you if you move your library into the trash.
- It is no longer possible to select the "Shared Collections" header in the sidebar.
- Adds crash reporting to Citations
- Fixes appearance of PDF zoom slider on El Capitan
- You can now perform local library search queries that only consist of a "NOT" operator.
- Searching Crossref for a query that only consists of a "NOT" operator no longer crashes.
- Fixes a crash when creating certain uncommon queries.
- Selecting your current library in maintenance mode no longer incorrectly shows a prompt warning you that you are switching to a library that is a copy of your current library.
- eLife articles imported from CrossRef are now imported with the correct title.
- Resolves an issue in Papers 3.4.2 (422) which would cause a
crash at launch if a
~/Dropbox/folder was not present.
- In OS X 10.9, items in the Share menu are not enabled. As a workaround, Control-click the papers you wish to share, then select Share.
- Advanced search and powerful filtering of articles within your library - Papers 3 for Mac
- How to search for new publications in Papers 3 for Mac
- Start building your Papers for Windows library
- How to search for new publications in Papers 3 for Windows
- How to enter a new publication manually to your library - Papers 3 for Windows
- View all (11 more)
- Read your PDFs in the full screen reader mode - Papers 3 for Mac
- Annotate and take notes in the Reader screen on Papers 3 for Mac
- Annotate and take notes in the Reader screen on Papers 3 for Windows
- Managing multiple publications in the Reader view - Papers 3 for Mac
- Highlighting and taking notes in Papers for iOS
- View all (8 more)