Release Notes for Papers 3 - version 3.2.8 (281)
- Library: The Activity tab in the Inspector now includes altmetrics data provided by Bookmetrix for books and book chapters. Learn more about Bookmetrix in our blog post.
Performance & Stability
- Annotations: It is again possible to enter characters requiring multiple keystrokes into sticky notes.
- Improved general application stability.
- PDF text search: No longer crashes when toggling the Hide/Show Cover Page view menu option while PDF search results are visible.
- Reader: No longer crashes when moving a tab into the first position on the Reader screen.
- Dropbox syncing: Improves syncing reliability.
- Dropbox syncing: Improved error handling during syncing.
- Library: Improves database handling during Dropbox syncing.
- Library: Improves library integrity checking functionality.
- Library: Improves Spotlight Search Index handling and error recovery.
- Library: Prevents library items from becoming impossible to move to Trash in certain circumstances.
- Annotations: PDFs moved to the library from the Reading List can be annoted.
- Related articles: Better metadata and PDF fetching when importing a related article into the library.
- Syncing: Increases the frequency of syncing when the "Automatically sync new changes" option is selected.
- Application updates: Provides better feedback if an update fails to extract.
- Application updates: Papers 3 for Mac no longer attempts (and fails) to update in the background after migrating from a Papers 2 for Mac library that had "Automatically Install Updates in Background" enabled.