Release Notes for Papers 3 - version 3.2.7 (253) beta
Performance & Stability
- Mendeley integration: Improvements to the library importer,
which has also been updated to work with the latest Mendeley
- Papers 2: Resolves a problem in the previous beta release that
could cause a hang during importing Papers 2 libraries.
- Spotlight Search: Improvements to index rebuilding to prevent a
crash in rare circumstances.
- Author editing: Resolves a bug in the Authors screen where it
was possible for the "Me" author to become un-editable.
the previous 3.2.7 (246) beta release
- Papers 3 for Mac now correctly attaches primary PDFs to
messages when using Airmail or Airmail 2 with the "Send via Email"
Performance & Stability
- App startup: Improvements to how the app accesses the user's
library to reduce the likelihood of slow startup times, as well as
improved performance during general app usage.
- Dropbox Sync: Improvements to reliability. Previously when
syncing after launching the app, UI refreshes for subsequent sync
operations that changed the metadata of library items that had been
changed during the first sync would often not occur until
relaunching the app.
- Reduces the likelihood of a crash during application
- Reader: No longer crashes when closing all Reader tabs using
Cmd+W after launching the app in Reader mode.
- Federated Search: No longer crashes when selecting "Others"
when previously having one of the Favourite search engines
- Citations: No longer crashes when generating an example
citation of a single publication.
- Stability: Addressed the cause of a memory leak that could
occur in certain scenarios.
- Smart Collections: Nested Smart Collections are no longer shown
in the pop-over when using the "Add to collection" option. This was
incorrect and improves app performance with large libraries with
many Smart Collections.
- Keywords: When in the Labels mode, filtering now works
correctly in the Keywords search bar.
- Dropbox Sync: Author metadata for papers newly imported on
another device is now display correctly in the Info Inspector
without needing to relaunch the app.
- Spotlight: Several improvements to the Finder Spotlight search
- Papers 2 Import: Improvements to reliability during the import
- Collections: Correct identation style for nested collections
when viewed in the "Add to collection" pop-over from the Overview
- Freehand annotations: Improvements to the selection of
previously drawn freehand annotations.
- Look & feel: Tweaks to the look of some icons throughout