Release Notes for Papers 2 - version 2.8.1
- Citations: Adds support for Microsoft Word 2016 and the Ulysses
3 demo app.
Performance & Stability
- General: Improves app stability.
- General: The main app window no longer appears incorrectly or
as completely white in rare circumstances until it was resized when
running on Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan.
- Search: Subsequent search queries can now be carried out in the
same app session after carrying out a first search query and then
switching away from the Search tab.
- Search: Improves the Google Scholar search engine.
- Search: Improves the Pubmed search engine by filtering out
'and', 'or' and 'not' search terms to allow longer search
- Search: IEEExplore search engine no longer returns no results.
(The new IEEExplore search service is now used in Papers 2).
- Search: Bug fixes for the CDS, Espacenet, Google Patents, New
York Times and Wikipedia search engines.
- Search: Minor improvements to the ACM, Arxiv, DBLP, Google
Books and MathSciNet search engines.
- Reader: Various fixes for PDF rendering when running on Mac OS
10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Inspector: Prevents the loss of recently-added text in the
Notes tab of the Inspector that could happen in specific
- Library: Collections that have child collections that are
nested more than one level deep can now be duplicated
- General: When dragging a paper tab into the first position in
the tab bar to re-order the tabs, the paper tab is no longer
- Citations: Inserting citations once again working with apps
such as TextEdit, Scrivener and MacVim when running on Mac OS 10.10
Yosemite or later.
- Citations: Updates CSL citation styles.
- Sharing: When emailing an invitation to a Livfe collection when
running on Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later, the app no longer
- Sharing: The Share --> Send via Email --> Paper option
now correctly includes PDF attachments in Outlook email
- Livfe: Attempt to prevent crashes in rare circumstances when
changing the metadata of papers on one or more computers accessing
the same Livfe collection.
- Livfe: Papers that are imported from Livfe collections no
longer have incorrect values for their publication year metadata
- Inspector: Cancelling a search within a PDF now returns the
user to the previously-selected Inspector tab.
- Inspector: When selecting an annotation in the 'Notes' tab when
viewing the webpage for the paper, the PDF is now displayed before
presenting the annotation.
- Inspector: The title of a paper can now be edited to use
italics when running on Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or later.
- Inspector: Note annotations can now be filtered using the
'Strikethrough only' option.
- Library: When accidentally double clicking on a column header
in the Library screen, a paper is no longer opened in the
- Library: When right-clicking a paper in the thumbnail preview
mode an incorrect context menu is no longer presented in certain
- Library: When switching between different authors using the
quick preview mode, the previews are now correctly presented in all
- Library: Tapping the spacebar now correctly presents a quick
preview when in Author Map mode.
- General: Improves the look and feel of the Coverflow preview
- General: The Sync and Citations switch labelling in Preferences
is no longer incorrect when running on Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite or
- Matching: Resolves a visual glitch in the 'photocopier'
animation when running on Macs with Retina resolution screens.
- Search: The search bar no longer has a visual glitch when
selecting text in a paper and choosing 'Search in Papers', followed
by mousing over the 'clear' button on the search field.
- General: When upgrading from a Papers 2 to Papers 3 license,
choosing to activate the license now also gives an option to
download Papers 3 for Mac directly from Papers 2.