Papers 3 for Windows Release Notes - version 3.1.5
New First Run Experience
- New improved screens for creating a new Papers library and opening existing libraries.
- You can now create, or sign into your Papers Account when setting up your library.
- It is now possible to purchase a subscription license to Papers, along with our existing one-time licenses. Learn more about subscription licenses on the Papers Blog.
- Syncing your Papers Library between desktop versions of Papers using other syncing services is now supported:
- Syncing with Papers for iPhone and iPad continues to require Dropbox. You can learn more about syncing your Papers Library on our Knowledge base.
- You no longer need to provide your Dropbox credentials when syncing using Dropbox. Just place your Papers Library into your Dropbox folder and Papers will handle the rest.
- Search engines are now set during first run based on research interests.
- "No publication details are available" is displayed on the paper if metadata extraction after importing a PDF is not possible.
- A new filter called "Duplicates" is now available to sort the papers in the library.
- Several explanatory texts and tips to use the features are now presented in the Settings screen.
- Navigation between notes now works not only on the Reader screen but also on the Preview.
- Metadata autocompletion works now on Papers Online too.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Multiple selection now works reliably.
- Changes to authors, keywords and sources are now reliably propagated to all papers referencing them.
- Metadata inconsistencies are now handled automatically.
- When a large number of trashed papers is deleted, Papers remains responsive.
- Full-text search now includes papers synced from other devices.
- Smart Collections with filters applied to Read/Unread papers now work as intended.
- The "Restore from Archive" option is no longer displayed for papers in the trash.
- We now render PDFs correctly on High-DPI display settings.
- Papers can now be copied to a Manual Collection from a Shared Collection.
- Sources are now parsed correctly when imported from a RIS file.
- Authors and keywords for synced papers are now correctly displayed in the Columns view.
- Libraries that only have compressed checkpoints can now be opened on Papers for Windows.
- The selection area for annotations made on Mac and iOS is now displayed correctly.
- Matching a paper now displays the search panel even if the preview panel is hidden.
- In the author list, et al. is now correctly used.
- Keywords are no longer displayed after being deleted.
- Exporting large libraries to a BibTeX file now works more reliably.
- Exported BibTeX files now always keep the original order of authors.
- Citations now can be used when the Dropbox Badge is enabled for Dropbox for Business accounts.