Papers 3 for Windows Release Notes - version 3.0.202 BETA
THIS IS A BETA version that contains bug fixes, improvements
and several new features
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Importing large RIS files and Mendeley libraries now works more
- When a large number of trashed papers is deleted, Papers
- Full-text search now includes papers synced from other
- Smart Collections with filters applied to Read/Unread papers
now work as intended.
- The "Restore from Archive" option is no longer displayed for
papers in the trash.
- We now render PDFs correctly on High-DPI display settings.
- Papers can now be copied to a Manual Collection from a Shared
- Sources are now parsed correctly when imported from a RIS
- Authors and keywords for synced papers are now correctly
displayed in the Columns view.
- Libraries that only have compressed checkpoints can now be
opened on Papers for Windows.
- Fixes an issue that caused annotations made on other platforms
to display an incorrect selection area on Papers for Windows.
- The selection area for annotations made on Mac and iOS is now
- Matching a paper now displays the search panel even if the
preview panel is hidden.
- In the author list, et al. is now correctly used.
- Keywords are no longer displayed after being deleted.
- Fixes an issue with BibTeX exports where the order of authors
was altered during the process and could fail for large
- Exporting large libraries to a BibTeX file now works more
- Exported BibTeX files now always keep the original order of
First Run Experience
- New improved screens for creating a new Papers library and
opening existing libraries.
- You can now create, or sign in to your Papers Account when
setting up your library.
- Syncing your Papers Library between desktop versions of Papers
using other syncing services is now supported:
- You no longer need to provide your Dropbox credentials when
syncing using Dropbox. Just place your Papers Library into your
Dropbox folder and Papers will handle the rest.
- Search engines are now set during first run based on research
- "No publication details are available" is displayed on the
paper if metadata extraction after importing a PDF is not
- A new filter called "Duplicates" is now available to sort the
papers in the library.
- Several explanatory texts and tips to use the features are now
presented in the Settings screen.
- Navigation between notes now works not only on the Reader
screen but also on the Preview.
- Metadata autocompletion works now on Papers Online too.
- Citations now can be used when the Dropbox Badge is enabled for
Dropbox for Business accounts.