Papers 3 for Windows Release Notes - version 3.0.145
- It is now possible to remove the main file of a paper in the
Inspector's Overview tab.
Bug fixes and improvements
- Significant memory usage decrease.
- Improved speed after startup.
- When an error occurs while searching for papers on a search
engine, a warning icon is now displayed.
- Fixes an issue that caused duplicate authors to be created when
importing new papers into the library.
- Fixes an issue that would prevent a user from opening and
syncing a library on Dropbox saying the library was not located on
Dropbox. This was the result of a bug introduced in a recent
Dropbox client update where Dropbox installed files on a separate
location by mistake.
- Fixes an issue that would occur while changing the sources
preferences in the settings window where Papers would become
unresponsive on bigger libraries.
- When importing papers from the Royal Society of Publishing
website, links are correctly retrieved from the metadata.
- Fixes an issue that would prevent duplicate authors from being
detected when importing new papers into the library.
- Fixes an issue that would prevent some users from seeing the
PDF files of the papers on the Reading List.
- Fixes an issue that would prevent creating Collections from a
selection of publications.
- Fixes an issue that prevented the creation of new keywords
after a Papers archive file had been imported.
- Several improvements in the file import process.
- The Smart Collection creation window can now be dismissed
without creating the Smart Collection.
- Fixes a bug where flagging a paper in the Reading list or a
shared collection did not work.
- Fixes a bug affecting the "Repair Missing Files" button in the
- Fixes a bug that will make the "Sync" button disappear under
- Fixes a bug where Papers will fuse middle name and suffix after
creating a new author.
- Fixes a bug where Papers could crash after updating to a new
- Search hint is now presented according to the search filter
- Improved keyboard navigation. Makes it easier to just use the
keyboard while you are writing your manuscript.
- Fixes an issue where search terms with single quotes would
result in an error.
- Fixes an issue where searching for papers by author names would
sometimes not work.
- Several reliability improvements.