Glossary of Icons in Papers2
Papers uses different icons throughout the program. This glossary will help you discover Papers more in depth, and how the icons you encounter can help keep your library organized.
#General icons - Blue dots show up next to unread documents in your library.
- A half blue dot indicates you have opened the document and started reading it, but you may not have finished reading it yet.
- Papers detected an error, this icon is displayed when your library contains duplicates of the same paper.
- Magic Manuscripts
- Drag and drop your publications into this importing box.
#Searching in Papers - This article has successfully been imported to your library.
#Collections Manual collections: to include articles or documents into these collections you manually have to drag and drop them into the collection.
Smart collections include articles and documents based on criteria you set, for example all papers with more than three stars, or all papers containing a specific keyword.
Livfe collections are those collections you create to use with Papers Livfe. You can keep these collections private and share them only with the people you invite, or you can make your collection public for all users to see and subscribe to.
- Address card displayed next to author's names in the authors list view.
- This icon is displayed in the authors list next to an institutional author or company name.
- Author icon displayed next to individual authors in the authors list.
Journal Articles / reprint
Book /Booklet / eBook / Book Chapter
Thesis / Thesis Chapter
Illustration / Painting
Chart / Diagram
Figure / Photo
Broadcast / Interview
- Advanced search and powerful filtering of articles within your library - Papers 3 for Mac
- How to search for new publications in Papers 3 for Mac
- Start building your Papers for Windows library
- How to search for new publications in Papers 3 for Windows
- How to enter a new publication manually to your library - Papers 3 for Windows
- View all (11 more)
- Read your PDFs in the full screen reader mode - Papers 3 for Mac
- Annotate and take notes in the Reader screen on Papers 3 for Mac
- Annotate and take notes in the Reader screen on Papers 3 for Windows
- Managing multiple publications in the Reader view - Papers 3 for Mac
- Highlighting and taking notes in Papers for iOS
- View all (8 more)