caj format

Feifeizhao

16 Apr, 2017 12:48 AM

I am a Chinese student, i really like papers3 to search, to collect, to cite papers, you did a really great job.
But there are still several limitations to improve, for example,
papers3 can’t identify caj format paper, which based on china cnki;
the search engine didn’t include Baidu scholar, research gate, which are really good for finding papers.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ayie on 20 Apr, 2017 02:42 AM

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. Sorry to hear of the troubles you've been having.

papers3 can’t identify caj format paper, which based on china cnki;

Unfortunately we are not able to edit or write new styles for you. The styles in Papers come directly from the official CSL repository.

Your publisher or institution should be able to suggest another suitable style to use.

Alternatively you can use the style browser where you can find a preview of how each style looks like. To do so, go to Papers > Preferences > Citations.

Then click the double arrow in the Favorite Styles field and click More Styles. In the Preview area you'll find a sample for each style selected.

We also made it possible to overwrite the styles present in Papers, or to add more styles, by dragging and dropping a .csl file directly into the Papers app. Our Knowledge Base article has full instructions which you may find useful:

Adding additional citation styles on Papers 3 for Mac

the search engine didn’t include Baidu scholar, research gate, which are really good for finding papers.

The repositories available now are hard-coded into Papers. It is these repositories that are available for matching, and for searching in various engines at the same time. I will however, add your suggestion to our feedback list for future consideration.

Best Wishes,
    Ayie

2. Ayie closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2017 02:42 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Papersapp please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac