Library website

javier.mas.sole

19 Aug, 2015 08:16 PM

I wonder why has the item "Open Library Website” disappeared from the File menu. I was used with Papers2 to get the www.arxive.org page open as soon as the program was started. Now I have to type is myself everytime despite the fact that in the Preferences there is a window for Library website to bie filled. Please put it back again. Thanks

1. 1 Posted by Andrew Martin on 24 Aug, 2015 11:26 AM

Hi Javier,

Thank you for getting in touch. Indeed this option isn't in Papers 3, but we may well bring it back.

In the meantime the best I can suggest is that you use cmd+O to open a webpage.

Best wishes,

Andy

2. Andrew Martin closed this discussion on 24 Aug, 2015 11:26 AM.

3. javier.mas.sole re-opened this discussion on 18 May, 2017 01:41 PM

4. 2 Posted by javier.mas.sole on 18 May, 2017 01:41 PM

Hello, we are already in 2017 and is seems that simple functions that were available in Papers 2 are still missing in Papers 3, like Library Website URL shortcut or Back button.

I'm so sorry I had to move to Papers 3 just because v2 is incompatible with Sierra.

Javier

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by cary on 20 May, 2017 11:58 PM

Hey Javier -

Thanks so much for getting back to us with this feedback. I'm sorry to hear of the disappointment you've had with Papers.

While I still do not have a proper solution for you yet, I may have an alternative: are you familiar with our sister application ReadCube?

ReadCube, like Papers, is a reference manager but has been written using entirely different code and may be more successful for you. If you'd like to spend some time with the application, I more be more than happy to provide you with a free subscription to our Pro service (usually $55) and help you get set-up.

Just let me know!

Best,

Cary

6. cary closed this discussion on 20 May, 2017 11:58 PM.

7. javier.mas.sole re-opened this discussion on 19 Jun, 2017 08:03 AM

8. 4 Posted by javier.mas.sole on 19 Jun, 2017 08:03 AM

I might try it yes,… Papers3 is droving me insane, I simply cannot navigate the web and download. I go to Open Location, type http://de.arxiv.org/ and Papers
    opens in read mode a file that I already downloaded from that repository.
    Aaaarg, just navigating is imposible. Is there not a version of Papers2 for Sierra?.

I think I’m going to give a try to ReadCube. If you can help me I will proceed.

9. 5 Posted by javier.mas.sole on 19 Jun, 2017 08:26 AM

Hello, I can see what is the problem. If I Open Location, say in https://arxiv.org/ I can see this adrees on the URL tag that appears on the right hand side. Now if I navigate to a certain paper that I want to download, this url is not updated. So when I download the paper, the url assigned to it is still the initial one. No wonder that, when next I again open with https://arxiv.org/ it brings me to the downloaded paper. It’s just the navigator inside papers that is working bad. Please fix this asap. Thanks

Javier

10. Support Staff 6 Posted by Ayie on 20 Jun, 2017 04:10 AM

Hi Javier

Thank you for forwarding this feedback. We appreciate it. We have now forwarded your report to our developers.

Best Wishes,
    Ayie

11. Ayie closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2017 04:10 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Papersapp please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac