Import annotations from Mendeley

Laura

31 Mar, 2016 05:36 PM

Hi,

I've recently switched to Papers from Mendeley. I was able to import my Mendeley files and folder structure easily. However, the annotations (notes and highlights) I made in Mendeley were not carried over for the majority of the articles. I just ran across an article that did have the annotations imported correctly and realized how helpful that would be for all of my old Mendeley articles. Thanks for the help!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ayie on 13 Apr, 2016 09:22 AM

Hi Laura

Thanks for getting in touch. I have just had confirmation from our technical team and you can import PDFs (with highlights, sticky notes and general notes), providing that they are synced in the web server and that they are less than 50mb in size. Is this the case for your PDF's?

The Mendeley API that Papers uses depends on importing PDF files accessible from the web library.

Some things to check are as follows:

Can you actually see the pdfs in the web library? Do you have a firewall or proxy configured? Is the clock on your computer on time? Are some of your Internet validation certificates no longer valid?

Thanks for your patience.
    Best Wishes,
    Ayie

2. Ayie closed this discussion on 13 Apr, 2016 09:22 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Papersapp please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac