university login not allowed

adi nell

25 Mar, 2016 05:36 PM

When I log in to my university account, Papers wont' download the articles I find. Can I speak to someone?

1. 1 Posted by adi nell on 25 Mar, 2016 05:42 PM

I can only access journals by signing in via my athens institutional account but when I do this while in Papers, the login I use doesn't work? is there a way around this?

2. 2 Posted by adi nell on 25 Mar, 2016 05:43 PM

ps this is usually done via an athens acocunt

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ayie on 28 Mar, 2016 03:43 AM

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the inconvenience.

Can you let us know which University Proxy you are connecting to? If your University is not yet listed on the list (Papers > Preferences > Access), can you please send us the EZProxy of your institution?

If you don't know the EZProxy address for your institute, could you find it out from your librarian, the IT support, or supporting documentation for instance on the library website and send it to us?

As there's no central registry of EZProxy servers in academic institutions, and we don't have usernames or passwords required to use institutional library proxies, we rely on users reporting the proxy addresses. Reporting the proxy helps all all Papers users in the same institution. Therefore, thanks very much for your help!

Best Wishes,
    Ayie

4. Ayie closed this discussion on 28 Mar, 2016 03:43 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Papersapp please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac